Saturday, September 22, 2012

Conquering the Beast!


Our. Yard. Was. Awful. Some weeds were up to my waist! So James and I decided to tackle this beast down today! It wasn't the easiest job but the Lord gave us some tender mercies in that we had shade 99% of the time from some large clouds and a nice breeze. It looks SO much better now! And it feels good to have taken on a huge task like that and doing it together! I really enjoyed being out there with my hubby even if it was for pulling weeds. We were a team! I sure love him!


What it looked like on about 70% of our yard!
So we Hula-Hoe'd and raked it all up and started to put it in the bin.

We realized we were going to put a lot in the bin so we just made a huge pile that we picked up at the end. The yard looks so much better. We didn't get it all but you couldn't see the dirt before we did this today so this is good!
James was putting huge piles in the bin so I decided to help. That's my contribution in the UR corner - just kidding! I put a much huger pile in afterwards. James had to sit on the pile before we could shut the lid.

Boomer was plum tuckered out from eating a lot of the weeds for us. That was the only way he knew how to help I guess :)

3 comments:

CKC Conger said...

Boomer cracks me up, and you crack me up how you treat him! I love you guys and miss you. Your yard looks great!

Melba said...

Yard looks great but I love the part where you said that "We were a Team!" It's such a wonderful feeling of productive-ness when you work together to accomplish something.

Andersen said...

Hopefully with all your weeds and grass gone you wont have as many creepy crawly bugs hiding around to sting you.
I think you should spray your house and bomb it and then go out for the weekend.