Sunday, February 28, 2010

Hey Ya'll

We haven't updated the blog in a while so I just thought I'd write a quick blurb.

This February month has just blown past. I can't believe that it's already March. We're both working really hard and so that makes the days pass by quickly - especially when it's almost 10-11 hour days :( But James and I find time for each other somewheres inbetween.

For Valentine's Day we drove home from a weekend at my parent's house. We had Valentine's dinner with them (steak!) and we saw a movie as well - Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Theif. It was a good movie. When we got home I found a vase full of a dozen pink roses and yoga stuff. My hubby did good! I had no idea where he got them and where he hid them but he hid them fabulously :) I love my hubby :)

I've gotten myself into canning recently. I started in January and signed up through April. So I've got my food storage started. I'm really excited about it :) I've also started up my scrapbooking again thanks to my mom. She let me take all her stuff to my house so I could continue putting my mission scrapbook together. Man, I've still got a long way to go :-/ But it's getting done...one page at a time.

Another thing that I've recently gotten into is...American Idol. I know...I know...I'm rooting for the waitress! :) The Olympics have also been a frequently watched program in our house. It's been really fun keeping up with them. James gets into them a lot so I've been as well. I loved the ice dancing (of course!) and he was all about the skiing and hockey. USA did awesome!

James and I still teach the 4-5 year olds in our ward. That for sure has kept us on our toes. Man...we're definitely getting some good practice ;) We just had our Primary Activity/Fireside tonight. It was pretty fun. We were in charge of the matching game. I'll tell you what..the best thing is when your kids come up and give you a hug and then say to their mom or dad, "That's my teacher!"

Um...what else...
I think thats it...

March is looking like another busy month. But maybe we'll get pictures of our activities. We hope everyone else is doing well. Much love to all!

James and Melony

2 comments:

Andersen said...

I agree with Feb. going by too fast. We can't wait to come a visit you guys. Also I think Marshall might be working over conference weekend. We will have to see what we can do about that.

Kevin & Debra said...

We are so proud of all you do and are. We love and miss you LOTS!