And there will be more coming!!
*********************************************************
Jordan was ordained an Elder at the end of March so we went up to Mesa to celebrate. The Saturday before my Dad, Jordo, James and I went and hiked a part of Superstition Mountain. It's the prettiest mountain in the valley in my opinion and I've wanted to do it since my family moved there. It was beautiful up there. We went early in the day when it was cooler and the whole mountain side was green and the view of the valley was gorgeous. It was about 500 or so feet up, about 3 miles long and took about 3 hours, including scenic stops, to do it. I had to take a few stops to rest - it'd been a while since I had hiked. But we all had a blast!
These guys are super cool :)
This was a neat shot



We did Easter Eggs of course! It's not Easter without the eggs!
The view of the valley
*********************************************************************
We celebrated Easter in El Paso, Texas with Jessica, Marshall, Reve and Lexi. It was so much fun. There was a large Easter egg hunt for the primary before the first session of General Conference. They also had some tastey goodness for breakfast there.

Lexi and Mom enjoying their breakfast

James is really loving his food. He's such a goober some times. But I love him!!

Dad and Lexi


I played Mickey Mouse memory during the break. Reve totally beat me.


This might be hard to see but in the picture above you can see two columns in the very center of the picture. Behind those two columns is solid rock. It's part of the mountain that the stadium is built into.

Hi Reve!
Dad and Lexi
Lexi was trying to help Uncle James take notes for General Conference

I played Mickey Mouse memory during the break. Reve totally beat me.

This is the stadium of UTEP. It's built right in the mountain. In the background you can see Mexico! Those mountains are Mexico.


More of the Stadium. If you look in the far background, that is Mexico.

This might be hard to see but in the picture above you can see two columns in the very center of the picture. Behind those two columns is solid rock. It's part of the mountain that the stadium is built into.

We did Easter Eggs of course! It's not Easter without the eggs!
************************************************************************
We visited Mesa again in April for my little brother's birthday. This is my 19 year old brother now. He's ... really grown up ... yea :) ... We went mini-golfing for his birthday. My mom smoked us all! We then came back and hung out by the pool. My dad was still exhausted with being creamed by my mom in golf I guess :) It didn't take him long to be very comfortable and fall asleep spa side :)




And, our most recent addition to our house was a piano! We found it on craigslist and we love it! It is a 30 year old Baldwin and it is in fantastic condition. We just had it tuned and it sounds great. Especially when Jordan plays it! My lovely hymnal and primary children's song book from my Mother-in Law rest nicely on the top. It's nice to actually have music when we sing for family home evening. I'm laughing less during our singing times :) It fits very nicely in our formal room.


.jpg)
.jpg)

2 comments:
Oh Mel Mel! I loved the post! Keep them coming. I love to hear how you and James are doing. Wish we all lived a bit closer-like in the old days. Now we're all grow'd up. :( :) (that frown and smile was because thinking about the old days makes me sad because I miss it, but happy cause they were some of the best times of my life!)
What? Nothing about coming to Utah to see your bestest fwend it the whole world?! It's okay. I haven't put it on my blog either, yet. Next post, right? Can you also send me all those pictures when you get a chance? And the videos. Thanks! Love you girl and I'm so jealous of your piano.
Post a Comment