Thursday, January 14, 2010

Ornament fun!

I had two ornament exchanges that I went to. The last one I'd gone to was probably 5 years ago so I'd forgotten how fun they are. The first one I went to was from my old ward up in Bear Canyon. The ornaments for that exhange had to be home-made so I had to put on my thinking cap. I decided on baking clay and cookie cutters. I was so proud of myself. They turned out well. I did a Ginger-Bread couple.




For the second exchange, I decided to stay with my baking clay idea since it was such a success. I went a little more bling bling for the second one. And also, I had my lovely assistant James help me make them :)





Other crafts included James and I making a gingerbread house together. Gingerbread house building is kind of a tradition in my family. We try to do one every year.


4 comments:

CKC Conger said...

O Melony! What a wonderful idea! Your ornaments turned out b-e-a-utimus! :) Your hair is getting sooo long! Hope it's not too long 'fore I see you. Love your face!

Andersen said...

That is a great idea for Christmas decorations. I love your Christmas pictures. You are so creative and cleaver. When we come to visit I will have to get some good ideas and your recipe for the decor.

Chalyse said...

Those turned out sooooo cute!!! Well done, you for sure have some mad clay baking skilz!!! We miss you guys already and look forward to the summer so we can see you again!!

Kevin & Debra said...

The ornaments are sooo cute! Love and miss you but lucky you to miss our cold, snowy weather.