The Relief Society decided to go on a repelling trip up through Mount Lemmon to what was called Ridge Line. We were 7200 feet in the air. But as you can see from the pictures, the view was amazing. There were a total of 11 of us that went, 8 sisters and 3 Priesthood including the Bishop. It was really fun! I can't wait to do it again. I need to be able to do the higher rock wall next time :) Anywho, enjoy the pictures!
Melony





L-R: Leslie Streeter, Melanie Hughson, Michelle Welker, Lisa Wiegal, Jessica Holmes, Melony Hall, Amy Jenkins, Sarah Kim, Sister Kim

Brother Swiss teaching/reviewing the safety features and procedures

Getting in line to start - this one was the beginner one; 125ish feet up but starting out on an incline to make it easier. Then it went almost vertical. Turning around and feeling nothing but open air was quite the experience. But the view was incredible!

Brother Scott Bell; the main belayer for the trip. He went down face first!

There he goes...

Bishop Farr with Sharon Bell (RS Pres.)

Melanie and Lisa

Going down! Here I go!

I wasn't supposed to really use my left hand...i did...it was shaking by the time I got to the bottom :)

Checking my ropes...

Concentrating but trying not to look nervous :)

Having fun! (and really wishing the camera angle had moved up a little bit to not get my legs...ugh...)

See ya!

Melanie Hughson

Melanie

Amy Jenkins

Me and Amy

Amy being brave and doing the bigger rock wall

There she goes

What a view!

We did it! Sore, rained on, and wet but so proud of ourselves!
5 comments:
Oh, totally jealous!! I love repelling. It's been years since I've been able to go. I might need to get our RS to do that, I mean, we do live in the Rockies!! Why not take advantage of them! Glad you had fun!
Oh Melony you are super brave. I don't know if I could do that, I'm pretty nervous with heights! Beautiful view up there though! Oh and I love your blue t-shirt, what a novelty item :) We are sad we didn't get to call you on your birthday, the kids were at soccer practice all night and we were at back to school night that evening, so it was crazy and late for us when we got home from it all. I hope you hade a super day!!! We love you guys!
That looks like you had so much fun. I don't think they could ever do an activity like that in my RS. It would kill all the old ladies... they can't even go out and walk. You are really lucky. I hope you had a great birthday. I love the blue shirt you are wearing. I think I could pick it out from anyplace. You are a now in the fam if you have that shirt, no going back :)
Melony-you are SO brave! I could never do that. You have some beautiful pictures.
Love to you,
Mom Hall
PS. Love the blue shirt! You are really a part of the family now.
Post a Comment