I was trying to think of a really cool title for this blog post, at 7:30 at night, that is where my creativity got me. Oh well.
Anyway, I titled it as such because I wanted to share that I passed my X-ray Certification test! I can take x-rays now for work. I'm so excited. I took them all day today! I'm also learning how to do some assisting so that I can fully take care of the patients that want to start Orthodontic treatment. Meaning, I would take their "before" pictures, molds of their teeth, and their other x-ray. I'm excited to learn new things. I am really lucky to have the people that I work with too because they are so willing to help me learn.
The main thing that I do right now is take these: the Panoramic X-ray
I also take these: the Cepholametric X-ray
It is sooo fun for me to do this :) I loved the x-ray part of my anatomy class at BYU too. It's so fun!
Today I started learning how to take records which are the "before" photos, bite registration and impressions. I only learned the first too though right now.
"Before" pictures are ones like these (only this is an "after" really...look at how pretty they are!):
I've also learned how to do some adjustments on patients which is to change their bands that go around their brackets. We call these O-ties:
They go in the mouth like this:
Being able to learn and do new things at work has make me like my job even more. It's really a lot of fun!





2 comments:
congrats on learning new things and passing your exam! Looks like you guys had a fantastic Christmas break. Glad you got to go to the cabin to get your snow fill ;) Also, love that Koob is a new family tradition!
Well I think the name of the blog post was pure genius;)
And what exactly is Koob? It sounds like an awesome game that I am missing out on!
Post a Comment