I thought I would post about something I feel is a great accomplishment for me. When I got on my Wii Fit back at the beginning of May, I had hit a pound amount that I was not happy with. I was quite depressed actually. So I decided to finally do something about my lifestyle. I looked online and researched what a healthy 25-26 year old woman at 5'4" should weigh and how many calories she should eat in a day. I also researched how many calories she would have to burn to reach her desired weight loss goal of 15 pounds. It was recommended that the daily caloric intake should be 1800 and the amount to burn in a day is roughly 250. The goal of 15 pounds could be reached in 3 and a 1/2 months if she walked 3 miles a day, at least 4x a week.
The next day, it began.
Well, I got on the scale this morning. It's been 3 months. I officially lost pound #11 and I'm now in the 120s for my weight!! I've been eating much better, being much more conscious about what I'm putting into my body and I've been walking 3 miles a day 3-4x a week with Boomer. He's been a great partner and motivator to walk.
I actually have 4 more pounds to be at my desired weight but I know that that is do-able now! I used to have such a terrible mindset for this kind of thing but now I feel I've lived the quote "That which we persist in doing becomes easier to do" and I know I can make that goal a reality.

5 comments:
Woo-hoo!! I know how it feels!! I went to the doctor's office with Cami in July and I weighed... wait for it 119! It's amazing how much less 119 sounds than 121. Well done you! Keep it up!
That's so awesome! Makes me want to work back to my ideal weight. Keep up the good work!
That is so great! Derek and I are starting the same thing. We both have gotten to a point that we are not happy with and want to change it. I hope to see results like you! Great job!
Good job. Keep up the good work and it will all work out.
Way to go! You are an inspiration! :)
Post a Comment