Friday, April 15, 2011

March Vacation

Well it has been a while since I blogged. And...true to my fashion, it's going to be long :)

At the end of March we took a trip out to Seattle, WA to see the blessing of my brother's third daughter Ada. We never know the middle name until the blessing day. We were very excited, mostly my mother, to hear Jason give the middle name of "Louise" to Ada because that is my mom's middle name as well. Holly's great-grandmother was also named Ada so she inherited 2 family names. Presenting: Ada Louise Brinkle, aka Brinklet #3.

My mom quilted the blanket she's in. All three granddaughters have a blanket with a matching pillow.

The day that we left for Seattle was during a critical time. You see, we were going to be flying during the game BYU vs Gators for basketball. This was an intense time for my family. My father, bless his heart because he doesn't know any better, cheers for the Gators. (orange...bleh! I've never liked orange... Gators...OSU...Texas...ick...orange isn't a good color). Anyways...We had to show our pride as we flew. When we landed we were going to watch the game recording at some of Jason & Holly's friend's house.


The Florida Team


The BYU team (outnumbered physically but our love of BYU & team spirit doubled us)



Heading into the airport. We had a lot of people staring at us when we arrived at Seattle. We were trying to get out of there really fast because we'd gotten so much attention with our shirts we didn't want some one to ruin the game stats for us! :) It was so funny though because as we were heading down to the baggage claim there was a guy walking past who saw my shirt and said, "Hey is that a BYU shirt? You know they're in overtime right?" Before he could finish I had my hands to my ears and my mom was saying, "No no no! Can't tell us!"

Arrived safely to Seattle to meet Ada the first time. Papa was disappointed to see the color choice of his granddaughter.


Holly fixed us some awesome Swedish meatballs and other goodies as well as our hostess. They were so nice!



Go BYU!


Go FL!


BYU!


FL! (poor Ada was distraught...we were watching overtime at this point.)

Although we didn't win, congrats to BYU for making it to the sweet 16! Go Jimmer!

While on our vacation James and I wanted to go to the Seattle Temple for our monthly trip. Well the whole family got to join us and it was great! The girls went in first while they guys watched the babies. Then we switched. Holly packed a delicious lunch to eat too. After the temple we went to a little science center that was in a mall. It was pretty fun! They had lots of fun little things to do. After that we finished up our evening with a birthday dinner (Jason's) at Red Robin, his favorite restaurant. Yum!







This by far was our favorite thing - a gargantuous light-brite! I loved it when I was a kid and i was excited to see it here :)

On we go now...part of the guys' vacation was to help build bunk-beds for the wee ones. Holly is amazing and finds treasures along the side of the road. Apparently people in Seattle don't know what they're giving up because Holly sure turns it into AWESOME. Anyway, she found these bunk-bed frames along the side of the road. It was the mens' responsibility to figure out what to do with them. Well, they figured and figured and came up with idea to make them a "castle." After all the wood work is done Holly will fabricate using fabric the trimmings for the castle.


Drillin'

Measurin'


uh...screwin? I mean...using the screw driver. Sorry - this is G rated I promise....

Sandin' (if you look in the picture you see the ladder will be encased by fabric walls. That is the tower)

Jason even had a shield made so that he could make the Brinkle coat of arms to put on the castle (on this picture you can see how they cut the wood to make it look like the top of a castle wall)

While the boys were playing with their toys and watching the little ones, we women folk went and pampered ourselves. We went to get pedicures and went shopping at the Dollar store (which I might at was FUN! We went shopping for the girls' Easter baskets. It was gleeful!)


Here we are watching the Swan Princess.


Those granddaughters sure love their Mammy.



Jason's and Marli's birthdays were celebrated while we were there too. Jason got some plush bean-bag pillows and was SO excited. He loves those things.

James and Jordan had some fun with them :)


Mom said they look like Toad and Mushroom from the Mario Brothers


We had a fabulous time while we were there. It was FREEZING to us thin-blooded Tucsonans though. I wore my sweater every day that we were there! But our family kept us warm (*enjoy the cheesiness*). We had a great time and thank you Jason and Holly for showing us a fabulous time while there! We loved it!

3 comments:

Andersen said...

sounds like such a fun trip with your family in WA.

Amanda said...

I think we went to that same science place/children's museum thing in Seattle last Fall. It's sure a fun place. I'm glad you guys had a great vacation. Parker was happy to see you back though!

Erika said...

I know, so sad that BYU lost!! It was a good game though. It was actually the only game that I watched, ever think you're jinxed? I watch and so they lose. I sure hope not.

Aw, and I made you wear orange at my wedding. Well, at least it wasn't neon in color.

I would love to see the finished castle bunkbed project once Holly finishes it. Tell her to send you pictures! I like seeing the products of creative people.