Sunday, November 15, 2009

Moving out - Moving in!

Well, we did it! We're moved! James and I moved into our home November 7th. So we've been here officially one week and one day :) What an adventure that was. I much prefer unpacking to packing. What a nightmare packing was. It was a lot harder because I was working now and I only had a few hours in the day to do it. But I have a great husband who helped keep my head on straight and myself calm so that we could get it all done. We were super tired but we did it.

Our Bear Canyon ward friends helped us move out and we had some members of the Sahuarita 4th ward help us move in. Even the missionaries showed up to help :) We're really blessed to have such good friends and people near by.

I sure know what I'm thankful for this Thanksgiving! Family, Friends and a house to live in! It may be a big mess right now but we have a home and I'm truly grateful for that. I've posted pictures of moving and when I get it to looking pretty I'll share pictures of that too :)

We love you - thanks for all the help we've gotten in moving. We really appreciate it!!

James&Melony



Sleepy tired

Working hard and working late :(

Trying to fit in our truck

My parents and lil brother came up to help us move. They brought their new car, a Kia Soul, and they even got our lil round kitchen table to fit in it :)

The little boy is our neighbor and he wanted to be a help - he's adorable. He helped finish off our doughnuts :)
Myself and Amy Jenkins
The Bear Canyon ward helpers - great group of people :)

Elder Cyprus and Brother Jackson of the Sahuarita 4th ward
Amy helped us move into our house too! She's great!!
our other Elder helping us :)
Dad and Brother Jackson's son

4 comments:

McKenzie said...

Congrats on the move! It is such a big process! I'm glad you are on the better end now! Thanks for sharing!

Andersen said...

What a relief to have that behind you. It is funny because I think I like packing more then I like unpacking. I am a pro at it. I can't wait to see the house all decorated. You should take lots of pictures and or a video. Good luck we miss you and wish we could of helped.

Sterling said...

Hooray for new houses!! I'm jealous. *sigh*. Someday. We'll definitely have to come down and see it sometime, don't know when but sometime. Glad you're getting settled. I know how you feel about moving, I totally prefer unpacking as well!

Chalyse said...

Whoo hoo, we are so excited that you guys are in your new house!!! it also looks so warm and sunny there in Tucan, covet!!! We miss you guys and cannot wait to see you at christmas time! good luck with the unpacking and we will have to come and see the finished product sometime!!