Sunday, October 13, 2013

Airman Jordan Brinkle's Graduation Day 3

Six Flags Fiesta baby!!

Jordan's final day of Town Pass was going to be used well. What better to do then go ride some coasters! It was a great time. We got up to the ticket counter and we all validated our ticket vouchers from our KFC deal. When we were given our kids tickets, Mom, Dad and I each took the 2 kids tickets and found families that had kids and gave them to them. It was really fun to see their faces fill with shock and amazement at the fact we were giving them tickets and then fill with gratitude. It gave us warm fuzzy feelings :)

Upon entering we lathered on the sunscreen and then went straight to the first coaster. I kept my mom company while the boys did some of the more exciting coasters. Honestly I was just happy to spend time with my peeps so I didn't ride too many rides. I did ride a few though. And it was so much fun :) Jordan also ran into some of his fellow graduates at the park. And a good time was had by all.









 
Jason and Dad rode this drop of fear while James, Jordan and I rode the Poltergeist, a twisty turny insanely fast coaster. I loved it. I couldn't do it more than once though. Whoo...I'd lose my lunch.

 
Dad, Jordo, & James. This ride spins you as you go along the track. Like the tea-cups at Disney. I'd just ridden the Poltergeist & Jason isn't a spinny coaster kinda guy so we sat this one out.


Ferris Wheel!






Here's the Poltergeist from the Ferris Wheel. It was a wicked ride. It was over in 1 minute that's how fast it was.


A nice view of the park

Fellow Airmen

Mom and I chose to sit out Superman together. We came over to a shady spot to watch the boys come through and I couldn't help but take this beauty's picture :)


The boys are in the very last 2 rows, closer to the bottom of the picture.

This is de ja vu from Lagoon before Jordan's mission. James and Jordan rode this same kind of ride there and now they did it again! :)
This is the Iron Rattler. This is for crazy people. See, this coaster has an 81 degree slope on it's drop. There's also a barrel roll. However, the coaster doesn't have shoulder restraints. You are strapped in around the waist and you have a saddle horn that you hold on to...I didn't ride this ride. Hoooo no! This information came from the crazy boys who rode this. Just nutty I tell ya...The guys are waving to me and mom down below in the next picture. They were in the 2nd & 3rd rows.


Jason & Dad were done with coasters after the Iron Rattler (I would've been done also, I'd have needed resuscitation after such a ride) so they opted for the train that goes around the park for their last ride. James, Jordan and I rode the Road Runner for our last ride. I nearly lost my hat. It flew off on one of the turns but I grabbed it the same time James and Jordan grabbed it. It was perfect timing! My bun saved it from coming completely off but still, an epic catch by the three of us.

Standing under the AC blowing in one of the stores entrances. It was HOT and HUMID that day.
Aahhh feels good
So, after we were pooped out from Six Flags, Jordan requested a Red Robin meal. You got it! Not a hard request to fill when we all love it! The waitress brought our waters out and I think we all went through a couple glasses before the dinners came out. I went through 4 before I ate. Jordan went through 4 root beer floats before his dinner came out. And he ate all his dinner. The kid's a tank! But man that food was yummy. Somewhere in the back of my mind I swear I thought I smelled KFC though... ::wink::


No comments: