Last bit of April:
I'm starting to learn how to assist! I've even worked a couple of days completely as an assistant. Dr. Bobby let me help out in some of his sedation treatments which was pretty neat!
James had a business trip that he had to go on and he was expected to return on a Friday. Well, it was Thursday and I was sitting on my couch with Boomer watching TV. It was probably around 9pm or so. I hadn't talked to James yet that evening either (Usually about that time we have our phone call to talk about our days and then we read scriptures together). Well, all of a sudden I heard a small knock on the door. Boomer immediately started going nuts. I have a small pit growing in my stomach - who would be knocking on my door at this late of an hour?? I go to the door and ask Who is it? I didn't get an answer so I said, Ok, if you won't tell me who you are, I'm not answering. Goodnight! All I got again was a small knock. I didn't say anything this time and Boomer was still barking and barking. I tried to hush him and told him to walk back into the TV room with me. I picked up my home phone and my cell phone, closed the back door blinds and then sat back down on the couch trying to calm myself down and hoping that if it was a friend, they would just call and tell me what they wanted. I'd not sat on the couch for 2 seconds when I heard the front door lock being what I thought was jimmied. I walked to the entrance of the formal room (where the front door is) and the lock was being turned! In two seconds time I had the thought, who did I give a house key to??? Were they trying to return it? I started walking towards the door when all of a sudden it opened and IN WALKED MY HUSBAND! I was shocked and said What are you doing??? I actually started to laugh cry (that kind of cry or laugh you do when your body can't decide whether it wants to laugh or cry) He had those flowers in his hand and he was laughing when he said Surprise!! I just kinda fell into his arms and really did start to cry. I told him, You SCARED the HECK out of me!!! It just made him laugh more. Turns out he had finished all of his needed meetings a day early, and had been able to change his flight to an earlier one so he could come home early and surprise me. Mission accomplished! :)
May
For our 4th year anniversary, we went to see Iron Man 3. The next day James took me to the driving range. I'd never swung an actual golf club until that day. I had a good time.
Dr. Bobby Raber, one of the Pediatric dentists that works in my office, he drives down from his home in Prescott to help us out. Well, he just recently got a new car, a BMW 5 series. He said that he wanted a smoother ride to travel to Tucson in. I casually mentioned that my husband LOVES BMWs and he casually replied, Well, you can take my car home if you want to. Lets trade. After I picked myself off the floor, from schock, I was like Really??? The doctor let me trade cars with him! He took my little rinky dink Kia Spectra for the night and let me drive this beautiful car home! I couldn't believe it! I told him that I'd be going to mutual that night to take the YW out for ice cream and he STILL let me! I couldn't believe it! (I think I've already said that).
So, I called James on the way home. I told him, So, I'm the best wife in the world, and you'll see why when I get home. I need you to take your car out of the garage, leave the garage open and don't ask questions. He complied. I pulled into the garage and parked. Then I got my phone ready for video and yelled at him to come see why I'm the best wife ever. (I accidentally covered the microphone with my finger when videoing so it's not the best sound). His face is priceless.
| love his face :) |
When we went up to Mesa for our monthly temple trip, we celebrated my dad's birthday with him as well. We took him, Jordo and ourselves out for a golf game. It was fun, but man! Golf is the most frustrating sport I've played. It. Is. Hard. But, we all had fun and we all came back home for a nice swim! It felt so wonderful to cool off under the hot desert sun.
| and what's a blog post without these two? :) |
1 comment:
I snorted when I saw James' double take coming into the garage. Had to watch it three times, and laughed harder each time. You guys and your surprises... :)
Post a Comment