As you can see by the post title, my mind is trying to simmer down after being on overload the last two months! So much went on in May and June that the post before was just to help me keep my goal of posting every month. I have 10 things so far that I wrote down that I need to post about and some of them are pretty extensive. It's been fun times though and I'm excited to finally get my thoughts out of my head and written down. So, I've done long posts before, but this one maybe will top the charts. I may even have to do this in a few parts!
First, my hair cut.
I cut about 7-10 inches off and went for a longer a-line kind of cut. It was an impulse and I regret it some days :) But hair grows. I've learned my lesson though :) No more impulse hair cuts.
James and I celebrated 3 years married on May 1st this year. It's been a fast 3 years! That means we've lived in Tucson for 3 years as well. I had to work on our anniversary day so we celebrated that weekend because we had a 3 day weekend (Thanks to my orthodontist being out of town and James having an off Friday). I liked that we had our 3 year anniversary over a 3 day weekend and we did 3 things. I just had a thought about how we should try and do the same amount of things as our anniversary but quickly thought better. That will get much harder!
The first thing that we did was go see Cinderella, presented by Ballet Tucson. It was wonderful! My hubby was fantastic and scored us seats on the second row! So I was able to see very quickly. I enjoyed it very much :) After the show I spent a long time looking up ballet pictures on Pinterest and changed my phone backgrounds to dancers :) I was in dance daydream mode for a long time afterwards :)
Over the next two days we went and saw some new movies in the theater. I can't remember when the last time we actually saw a movie in the theater until that point. But we went and saw the Avengers and The Hunger Games. Both were very good. Well, I retract that, Avengers was AWESOME and the Hunger Games was very good. I must say that the movie was just not the book. I didn't get near the emotion out of the movie as I did the book so the movie was a slight let down. It followed the book very well, it just wasn't the same effect. Nevertheless, I had a great time with my hubs :)
So, the next big thing that I did was spend a week in Monroe, WA with my brother and Sister-in-law. James was still here in Tucson but I had a full week off of work because the orthodontist went to Hawaii. So I thought I'd do something fun as well. So I got a full week in of family! It was a lot of fun!
 |
| This was the temperature upon arrival in Monroe. I was chilly! It doesn't even get that cold at night in Tucson! |
 |
| We had a movie night my first night there. Holly made Deliciousness. Its caramel popcorn but I just call it Deliciousness. |
 |
| Did I mention we had smoothies too? Yummy! |
 |
| My adorable niece Ada. When she gets chilly she sits on the air vent to warm up. |
 |
| My other 2 adorable nieces Marli and Michelle. Just being goofy with the camera. |
 |
| Ada wants her Mammy! (Grandma. She was actually just mad at me because I took away the phone :) But I sent this to my mother with the above caption. She said she would fly right out :) ) |
 |
| I then sent Mammy this picture and said "Yay!!" as the caption. So cute! |
 |
| We went to a bounce house the next night and had a BLAST. The slides were so much fun! I took some videos but the blog was being dumb so I couldn't get any to post. |
 |
| This was Jason and I just before we raced. Well, just before he creamed me. But he cheated! He pushed me down with the obstacles and so I fell behind...jus sayin... |
 |
| We went to this town called Levensworth. It's a little German inspired town west of my family's house. It was such a quaint little place. We got up early so that we could get there in time for the breakfast that the Lion's Club was putting on. It was pancakes, eggs, bacon and sausage and it was yummy! |
 |
| It was early... |
 |
| The expert pancake flipper. These men were super nice and friendly. We sure appreciated them making our yummy breakfast. |
 |
| Our next stop in Levensworth was the Fish Hatchery. It was a very interesting place. As Holly became our tour guide (it was a self guided thing so she took the job of reading) we learned about the life of Salmon and how the hatchery works. |
 |
| Jason could take him... |
 |
| Enjoying the fish tank |
 |
| How would you like a kiss from this guy? Beware of hickies with this one... |
 |
| It's kind of hard to see but in these long tanks is where the little Frys are kept. The nets are over the tanks to prevent birds and other animals from getting inside. There were a TON of little fishies in there. |
 |
| I could get lost in the beauty of that place. It was so pretty there! |
 |
| Visited the park and had so much fun :) The girls were so well behaved. We'd had an early start and we were only half way through our day at this point! |
 |
| Michelle |
 |
| Marli |
 |
| Waiting for the Levensworth parade to start. The girls had never seen a parade so they were excited. |
 |
| You can see the German influence. It was so quaint. I loved it. |
 |
| And the parade! |
 |
| Enjoying tasty treats afterwards. It actually got a little warm while there. And when I say warm I mean in the 70s. |
 |
| Such a cute little family. |
 |
| My favorite picture from the whole trip. I just thought this was gorgeous. |
 |
| We went hiking on our way home from Levensworth. The name of the trail was the Iron Goat trail. It was so named because it used to be the trail that the rail road took through the mountain. |
 |
| I can't remember the name of this flower but it's one of Holly's favorite. She'll be planting a lot in her yard soon. She says they're really low maintenance and they grow really big. |
 |
| Found some snow! |
 |
| This was one of the tunnels that the train would come through. |
 |
| Some spikes left over in the ground. |
 |
| Pretty view |
 |
| My last night there Holly fixed more Deliciousness. EVERYTHING she cooked was Deliciousness. I haven't eaten that good in a long time. |
 |
| I flew home on Mother's Day so Jason made Holly and me Mother's Day corsages. Such a sweet big brother! I got some special treatment in the airport because of it. I had a wonderful time with them. It's not often that we get to spend time with each other so I feel really blessed that I was able to go up there and spend time with them. |
I will have to finish this at another time because its 11:30 at night! It was a long post anyway :) To be continued!
3 comments:
Wow Mel-Mel! Those are some great pictures! Love the pics of Ada's "I want my Mammy!" and "Yay!". So cute. But my favorite pic is of you and James at the Ballet(?), you're hair looks so cute! Love you!
LOVE the hair!!! You make me want to chop mine off now because you look so sassy and cute :) I enjoyed looking at all the pictures too!
Woo! Love the hair!! I like impulse cuts. Sounds like you had a great anniversary. I'm glad. Pretty pictures!!
Post a Comment