Friday, July 22, 2011

A Fun Date Night

I just had to post about this because it was really fun.

James and I went to Borders today to check out the first day of their Going Out of Business sale. We ended up buying a few books, some kid puzzles, and this game:


It's called Scavenger Hunt for Kids (in case you couldn't see the title clearly *smile*) It comes with a hundred or so small square cards that are printed on both sides with something to find in the house. You're timed 2 minutes to find 5 things. We did four rounds of this. We had so much fun! We were running everywhere, up and down the stairs, running into each other, knocking Boomer down the stairs - just trying to beat each other and the clock! The last round, the fifth round, is called "Captain Clean-up." You don't set a timer but you race to put everything you just found away. Oh it was so fun to be silly!

We worked up quite a sweat (really we did!) so we decided to go to the good ole "D.Q." to have some ice cream.
James got a strawberry sundae.


I got a sundae too but it was COVERED with these!


To top the evening off we caught up on our show Burn Notice. We finished up Season 4 last week, now we're on Season 5.

The End!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Sounds like a fun evening. I could totally see my boys loving that game!

Michael, Casey, Collin, and Tate said...

ooooh thanks for a good date night idea :)
Also, LOVE the new picture! Did you take it!?
And it's so funny that you watch Burn Notice. I've only seen one episode but the rest of my family is totally into it. When I went to visit them and went into the boys bedroom they had the DVDs out and were watching it :)