President Obama and other officials came on Wednesday night (12th) to speak to Tucson. I appreciated all the words that were spoken at this memorial. Passages were read from Isaiah and Corinthians as the speakers tried to pass on hope for the victims and their families. President Obama actually gave a very nice speech in which he talked a little about all of the victims; a brief background and how they came to be in Tucson. He spoke on ideas of how we, the friends, family members and community can pull together and help each other through this hard time.
No matter the party affiliation, I really appreciated the speeches. I felt for all the family members of the fallen. Everyone especially felt for the mother of the 9 year old girl. I'm thankful for the hope that came through scriptures that were read. I'm grateful to see hope prevail out of something so devastating. And President Obama shared the good news that Gabby Giffords opened her eyes and is breathing on her own! She is the personification of hope.


Gabrielle Giffords; Victims Christina and Federal Judge John Roll

Some of the feelings displayed during and after
I am so grateful that I live in a day were the gospel is my life and I have the Savior to lean on. How lucky am I that I know where my loved ones go when they die. How blessed am I to know that God loves me even when bad things happen. I hope that these same comforts can be given to the victims and family members of Saturday's commotion.
No comments:
Post a Comment