Friday, December 24, 2010

Joys of December


Oh hello there! Just a quick update from the Tucson Halls and their fun and festivities of the month of December. We certainly have been blessed this Christmas with being able to spend time with family, playing Santa and making some great memories!
The above photo is from when I went up to my parent's house for the weekend. I went by myself because I did a lot of shopping! I couldn't let James see all his Christmas miracles! :) While there it was my parent's ward's Christmas party. My dad had been asked to play Santa Clause so Mom and I decided to be his helpers. My co-worker let my Mom borrow the Mrs. Claus suit and I had so much fun wearing my elf hat and socks! It was a lot of fun to play dress up and make lots of little kiddies happy :)



These are some of the goodies that James and I passed around this year. The ones on the left were for the sisters I visit taught. The message talked about what the different symbols of Christmas are. The picture on the right is of the goodies all 12 of our little kids in primary received. We sure loved teaching all of them. What a joy each of them has been in our life and they taught us probably more than we taught them :)



We again were so lucky as to go to El Paso to visit the Andersens in celebration of the New Mexico Bowl (football game). Before we went to Albuquerque we had some fun and festivities to attend with the Andersens. The kids got to see Santa more times than I can remember! At their apartment complex there was a pizza party and the kids got some good treats (where they were so kind to share with their Aunty). Then they got to see Santa again at their ward Christmas party! Those kids musta done somethin good! :)


And here we go to the bowl! Jess and I got to be travel buddies in the middle seat. We were in charge of the snacks!

Gooooo Cougars!

Walkin' to the game; Cheering on the Cheerleaders!


The best marching band ever! -- Playing hard! Get them Miners!


Lexi was tuckered out from all the excitement! - - It got cold there too by the end of the game. But we didn't notice too much because WE WON!!! WHOO - HOO!!


Hooray!! - - James and I got to walk on the field in celebration of the win.



The scoreboard at the end. - - We also ran into some of our fellow Sahuarita friends at the game! Small world!


As I write this blog on Christmas Eve I can't help but reflect on our year in Tucson. It's been really great and we've been able to do a lot and make fun memories. I am so grateful for the blessings in my life. I have a wonderful husband, we both come from fantastic families and were raised of goodly parents. We have jobs, we have a home and we have had our needs met on many occasions. I'm so grateful for the Lord and His watchful hand and care over us. We're so blessed to have His gospel in our life and the blessings that come from it. Isn't life wonderful! Thank you to our friends and family that make our life so rich and full! We love you and wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

James & Melony

1 comment:

Regina Lara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.