Saturday, November 20, 2010

Bad Blogger

So, I've been pretty bad at blogging. I actually boycotted it for a little while because I was getting fed up with my computer not working or taking forEVer to post a blog or add pictures and such. I finally consented to update the blog tonight. (and it was really cooperative!)

This has been a very busy month and a half. Since getting back from our cruise in October we had a friend from Utah come and visit, the Hall Girl party (by the way my Hall ladies, I didn't have a camera that night so could I get some pictures either sent to me or tagged on fb? thanks); also been very busy crafting - we've made so many things it seems! I can't give away too much about what we've been making though because some of them are Christmas presents! But they're turning out way awesome! We also had a great time participating in Halloween fun with the ward trunk or treat and a very busy trick or treat night in our neighborhood. we only had one trick or treater that was NOT welcome. He was upstairs in our loft. I almost missed him too. You'll see his picture when you scroll down.

In the beginning of November we celebrated with my parents their 30 year wedding anniversary! Go Brinkles! We also experienced some sadness relating to James' car Veronica. She suffered a broken bumper and smashed up trunk due to a rear-end collision on James' way to work. The insurance adjuster considered James' car totaled (ggrrrr...) so we're picking up the tab on repairs. Thankfully this is less expensive than adding a monthly car payment to our budget again. We're still okay not having any car payments :)

Also in November James and I did a switch-a-roo for our temple trip. We decided to go to the Gila Valley Temple. It was a very good day and session and I very much enjoy that temple. It's not as busy as Mesa and such a calmer feel too it. Being there brought fond memories of one of my little nephews and sprinklers. Good times :)

November also marked the beginning of James' final year in his 20's. My husband turned the big 2-9 on the 17th. He doesn't look a day over 25 though! We celebrated by going to Outback Steakhouse where we've gone to dinner for the last 3 birthdays (including this one). I laughed because we really hadn't gone to Outback since last year! There is only one in Tucson and we're now 40 minutes away from it so we haven't gone. But it was SO good! Happy Birthday again my love!

Today was the Sahuarita/Green Valley Pecan Festival and as part of it's festivities there were a couple of runs going on. One was 3.7 miles and the other was 8.5. We had some friends that participated in the run so we watched their kids for them. We went to the festival right as the race was ending so the boys got to see their parents cross the finish line. It was a lot of fun. It made us want to do it next year.

Today was also the first Saturday James and I have taken advantage of a new patch of grass that was added to our neighborhood recently. It was so great weather wise we invited 2 couples and their kids to play with us. We just enjoyed playing in the grass, tossing a football and eating lunch. It felt more like spring than fall! It was B-E-A-U-tiful! We were ran out of there by the sprinklers though. Luckily we got 2 1/2 good hours of play time in.

I feel bad that this post wasn't very descriptive or went by really fast but it feels great to have finally updated. We're looking forward to a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday in El Paso with Jessica and Marshall and when we get back, we're putting up our brand new 9 foot Christmas tree! whoo hoo!!!

Now for pictures:

One of my October crafts. It's a candy corn made out of ribbon. Cute huh! Below is what our trunk looked like at the ward Trunk or Treat party. Those pumpkins were battery powered lanterns. I thought they were the coolest thing since sliced bread!

The above is our most UNwelcome Trick or Treater. Nasty little bugger...trying to hide by being the same color as our carpet! Shoulda seen me later that night though - I was paranoid the whole rest of the night!
These are the best pumpkins ever! We did a college theme. Didn't Dad do great on the Gators!


For Mom and Dad's anniversary they came to our house and we fixed them a dinner of broiled pork chops with a pineapple salsa. It was very tasty. Mom also helped me work on a few crafts while at our house. She has the sewing machine :)

Mom helped me make our tree skirt for our Christmas tree! I was so excited to see it done and am even more excited to see it under the tree :) Thanks again mom!

This poor sight is Veronica. She'll hopefully be back home soon, most likely around the first of the month.
*little tear*

I'm decorated for November - like my acorn salt/pepper shakers! Too cute!


I'm doing another ornament exchange this year and these are the ornaments I made. Sorry if they're a bit hard to see but it's a reindeer, snow-woman, holly leaf w/berries, a silver bell, star, and a cactus with chili pepper lights. I made them from baking clay which I painted after it was done baking :)


'Member the candy corn topiary? I liked it so much I did a Christmas tree too! Underneath it are little wrapped presents.


James even got a candle in his ice cream dessert from Outback. Oh boy was it tasty too!

This is the Bogle family. Mom and Dad ran the 3.7 miles and we watched them cross the finish line with the boys. The little boy on the left is Nathan and he's in our primary class. This morning when they were at our house this is the conversation that I came downstairs too...

james - you don't like girls?
boys - eeewww no!
nathan - girls are yucky! the only awesomest girls in the world are my mom...and sister hall.

too sweet!!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I love Nathan's comment! Made me laugh. Sounds like you guys have sure been keeping busy!

Erika said...

Oh yes, I did see this post. Love the crafts. See, you are much more crafty than I am, you'll be able to get the stars to stick on either end of that stick. :)

Andersen said...

Love the tree skirt I need to make one for my tree one of these days. Did you make your christmas ornaments? They are really cute. How did you do it? SO excited to see you guys again in december.