Sunday, September 19, 2010

September Reasons

September is great! I have many reasons why I love September:

#1: Cooler weather is just around the corner (which means yard work isn't too much of a drudgery)




(This weed is about 3 feet tall)

#2: School is back in session (in my case, Institute :) ) but that also means COLLEGE FOOTBALL!


We hosted a BYU football party with some of our friends from our old ward (Bear Canyon), the Jenkins and the Georges. Jessica and Marshall, Reve and Lexi were also there to join our festivities!





Jessica helped me make these AWESOME "Y" cookies and after a few attempts at the frosting, we nailed it! :)





Go Coogs!

#3: It's the start of the holiday seasons

#4: The colors change.... and since we live in AZ, I have to make the colors change on the inside, as you can see in the following,



(Those are leaf garlends on the top of the cupboards along with some fall colored flowers/beads)







And this September will be a little extra special because we go on our Royal Caribbean Cruise! Whoo-hoo! We leave this weekend for Miami and then we'll be seeing Haiti, Jamaica, the Grand Caymans, and Cozumel Mexico. We are so excited. I can't wait to pack. Especially because I got new suitcases too! My original ones are too heavy so I needed a new set. I'm so excited to fill them!




(They're bigger than they look here thank goodness! I gotta get my souvineers home ya know)

Bon Voyage!

4 comments:

Kevin & Debra said...

Love the pictures! Have a wonderful time on the cruise.

Erika said...

I'm so jealous. I want to go on a cruise! Maybe someday. I need to get in swimsuit shape first. Oh, and I love your autumn blocks. Where did you get them?

Sterling was wondering if you're going to plant something in your backyard. He said "Mother nature doesn't like bare ground and if you don't fill it, she will." I thought it was cute.

So, I've been meaning to call you and tell you that I had a dream about you the other night. You were having twins..... I was jealous.

Melba said...

The "Y" cookies look great! Fun times. I'm sorry BYU lost though.

Your blog looks great and fun to read.

See ya in a few days!

Michael, Casey, Collin, and Tate said...

Ok, those suitcases are adorable!!! I want them! Where did you get them???