Thursday, August 5, 2010

Trip Down Memory Lane

This is one of my more random posts. Nothing really happened I was working on my mission scrapbook and just loving remembering some of the crazy/random happenings of Oklahoma. I thought I'd share some. They are mostly disaster related :)

This is my apartment building burning. I was a week (to the day) into the mission :)

The remains of the apartment building. The one remaining window in the left of the picture is ours :) It still has the Jesus picture in the window. Haha, man that was a mess :)


Hailing during a sunny day - random. Weather changes in a second in OK.


The ice. Oh...the ice. Our car had fangs :) All of what you see was attached to the car. I filmed and took pictures while my greenie scraped :) The ice was as thick as my finger.

This particular storm was real bad. A lot of the city had major damage to trees and powerlines. It was right around Christmas time of 2007.

Some of my other random happenings included melting a plastic lid in our oven, having our apartment flood, driving through 5 inches of rain that came in 2 days and going to a tornado shelter 3 straight days in a row. I LOVE OK! :)

1 comment:

Ryan and Maria said...

Fun post! Sounds a lot like Kansas. You know what they say, "If you don't like the weather in Kansas, just wait 5 minutes", and it's surely true for OK as well :)